Thursday 9 June 2016

A weekend's vintage haul..............

Well, the last two weekend's anyway............

Okay, so after a few weeks of clutching tightly onto my euros I let loose and the photos below represent a part of my last two weekend's buying for my Etsy shop. I would have shown you more but it's unbelievably hot outside, so carrying all these items into the garden and unpacking and re-packing wasn't too much fun! But mustn't complain, I'm so glad the sun has at last arrived.



When shopping my car always tends to be parked miles away which means dashing back and forth to unload, then getting back pretty damn quick so as not to miss anything I have my eyes on........In the photo above is a modest selection of what can be found if you head off in the early hours, and are prepared to travel to the various fairs and brocantes which are not always close by.  Remember that diesel car I mentioned? Well, I still need one.


I forgot to mention that more often than not the items are filthy having languished in attics, sheds, and God knows where, so as well as extensive travel there is nearly always a lot of work involved once an item has been purchased. That hanging lantern above for example - that was completely rusty so I  purchased some rather pricey paint and embarked (and was sorry once I'd started) on rubbing it down and giving it a repaint, then distressing it again for that authentic rustic appearance.  I still haven't finished the project........ 


Above, if you look carefully you'll see a little bronze candelabra - that's it! Next to the chrome desk lamp - well that was also once a desk lamp but the old wiring was too badly perished so I stripped it down and after some modifications it became become a candle holder, but with the option to still have it rewired.



Had to have those red enamel pans and also those ironstone bowls - beautiful!  On the far right of the photo is a boar casserole dish which I bought for one reason only - the cool wild boer's head on top! It was only afterwards I discovered it was an Apilco piece.


The lantern above is HUGE! It's also an original old one in good condition and took a big portion of my wallet's contents!  It needs a few little repairs so isn't quite ready for sale - if you're interested drop me message HERE.  Next to it you'll see some nice trench art brass shell casings and a few more smaller hanging lanterns - I bought a box of them which all need thoroughly cleaning. 

So there you have it, some nice treasures that are all available to purchase for your home. I always keep an extensive stock, so if there is ever an item you are looking for, please drop me an email - if I don't have it in stock, I'll more than likely be able to find it for you.





No comments:

Post a Comment