Sunday 26 June 2016

Out and about.......

Poppies and corn flowers I spotted on today's journey.

Traveled around 70 miles this weekend looking for new items for my shop, yesterday's pickings being better than today's.  Today's events were truly terrible and I wouldn't have wanted most items offered for sale even if someone had tried to give them to me for free - it really was that terrible!  That's just the way it goes in this way of life though.   


Funnily enough I met an interesting chap while perusing a stall at yesterday's flea market who was overjoyed at the sight of a horrendous piece of 'modern art' (I'm very open-minded with art, so believe me when I confirm, it was terrible!); he stated it was truly one of the worst pieces he'd ever seen and was having a laugh with the French stall holder about it - I asked if  he really liked that sort of thing and he told me he'd given up trying to find any nice things for a reasonable price, so now collects the worst pieces of bad taste he can find for his collection. It's fun when I meet interesting new people. I suppose I really should have taken a photo of the art for my blog but I was to shy to been seen looking at it.

So, to close this post I'll reassure myself that today's journey was not a complete loss, as after all, the weather was perfect and I enjoyed the drive in my little VW Golf while singing along with some retro 80's music.

No comments:

Post a Comment