Saturday 13 February 2016

A few new pieces.............

It's been a busy January and early Feb, but thankfully things have quietened down so I can catch up with blogging while also hunting out new stock for my Etsy shop. And talking of seeking new stock, since my lost post I've been out on the road visiting an indoor market on the outskirts of the beautiful coastal town of La Rochelle, and last weekend an antique fair and two markets where I successfully returned with a car full of items, not to mention a fuel tank dangerously low on juice! As a side note, an economical diesel van is much needed to carry my shabby chic home decor to fairs, but I'll talk more about this part of my business in another post and also give you some examples of my work...........

Anyway, I digress - so on to the good stuff and just a few of my many finds! This is a beautiful antique oil painting I found last week. I just love this piece which now currently resides on my own wall, so I won't be sad if it doesn't sell. Believe me when I tell you that the photos don't do this painting justice. You can see more pics of it on my shop HERE.


SOLD

And here's a super '30s/'40s clock with matching garnitures which I confess, I bought purely for home decor only to be pleasantly surprised to return home and actually find the clock still works. Okay, so I do have a box of spares so did consider replacing the stained clock face, but as it was original to this piece I couldn't bring myself to sully its history. Oh, and I know, I know - one garniture is back to front in the photo...........................(see more of it on my shop HERE.)  


SOLD

This attractive coloured glass vase was just crying out to be taken home so into my bag it jumped (after Id paid for it, of course.......). When placed in front of some lighting it really comes to life as you can see in the photo below. I've gained a real fondness for pieces like this so no doubt I'll search out some more.  If you like, see more of it HERE.


SOLD

A beautiful wooden stool with a floral carving illustration to the top; this piece is in remarkably great condition. See it on my Etsy store HERE

SOLD

I'll save the rest of my finds for another post which gives me the chance to take some decent photos when the storm calms down - it's been blowing a literal gale here today.



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful and interesting pieces. I've actually been eyeing that painting:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for looking Gina - the painting is a beauty. I imagine it with a little picture light above it as light brings it to life.

    ReplyDelete